Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Honey Glazed Snow Peas and Carrots

In the last post I said that I always get too distracted to make vegetable side dishes that require a recipe. I usually take the easy way out and just serve some frozen veggies with some seasonings and butter and call it a day. I know, I know... a total food blog flop.

But now I'm giving you two veggie side dish recipes in a row! Aren't you thrilled?!?! Actually, I'm sure you'd rather see some epic dessert. And, frankly, so would I. But it's bikini season so I'm throwing some veggies on here to motivate us all.

I love the honey glaze on this dish. It works perfectly with the sweet carrots and the delicate snow peas. This light sauce would be great to throw on any vegetables that you are serving to accompany a sweeter main dish like barbeque or teryaki flavored meats. I served this with the turnips that I just posted and the main dish that I'll post in a couple days! The tangy lemon and the sweet honey paired quite well together. And this bright side dish jazzed up the tasty but visually boring turnips. Success!

Simple. Easy. Light. Summery. Perfect.

Honey Glazed Snow Peas and Carrots (6 servings)
  • 2 cups baby carrots
  • 1/2 lb snow peas
  • 2 Tbsp butter
  • 2 Tbsp honey
  • 1tsp garlic powder (or fresh minced would be great!)
  1. Steam the carrots for 10-15 minutes (mine took a little on the longer side) or until tender. Add snow peas and continue steaming for 2 minutes. 
  2. Melt the butter in a pan. Add the vegetables. Stir in honey and garlic powder. 
  3. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes.

on my grandmother's fancy dishes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment