Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate

I told you I wasn't done with pumpkin. Can't stop. Won't stop.

Pumpkin white hot chocolate. As soon as I found this recipe, I went to the grocery store and bought two bags of white chocolate chips. I knew that this would quickly become an addiction.

I was right. I had four in one week.  I justify the guilt of consuming that much white chocolate by thinking of how much money I saved by making the hot chocolate rather than buying one at Starbucks. So what if I had to log some extra hours at the gym? It was totally worth it.

I love the texture of this drink. I used skim milk and it still had an extremely creamy texture as if I had used half and half because of the pumpkin. I like to think that means it's more healthy. Leave me to my illusions, please.

The only changes I made to this recipe were to use skim milk instead of whole, increase the amount of cinnamon, and use white chocolate chips instead of a chopped bar. I also changed the servings from 4 to 3 because it would only make 4 small servings and... good luck only having a little of this!

It's definitely an interesting and delicious variation on white hot chocolate. It's gotten me thinking about other white chocolate flavor combinations like with raspberry, peanut butter, peach, caramel, etc. This could get very dangerous.  How long do you think I could live off of only hot chocolate? Until the weather warms up? I'll let you know...

Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate (3 servings) from Closet Cooking
·         3 cups skim milk
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon cloves
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 ounces white chocolate chips
pinch salt
1. Heat the milk, pumpkin puree, and spices in a sauce pan until it just starts to simmer.
2. Add the chocolate and stir until it has melted.
3. Pour into mugs and top with whipped cream and garnish with cinnamon.




No comments:

Post a Comment