Friday, March 16, 2012

Boozy Bailey's Brownies

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

And my gift to you on this lovely Irish day is these Boozy Bailey's Brownies!

how festive and delicious is that?!?!

I made these with my friend Michelle. We had a pre-St. Patrick's Day bake and beverage get-together a couple weekends ago.


going back to my bartending days

white russians --> green irishmen?

Happy Pre-Patty's Day!

The brownies have a hard crusty exterior and a fudgy center.  The frosting is light and creamy.

Chocolatey. Sugary. Boozy.  Need I say more to convince you to make these?

Now I'm off to drink green beverages with my mom and friends all day! I'll also be wearing a tiara and a shirt that says "Kiss me, I'm drunk". God, I love being young and Irish on March 17th!

Boozy Bailey’s Brownies (adapted from How Sweet It Is)
For the brownies
  • 1 stick unsalted butter
  • 2-3 squares baking chocolate
  • 2 cups sugar
  •  2 eggs
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/4 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
For the buttercream
  • 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
  • 6 tablespoons Bailey’s Irish cream
1.       Preheat oven to 350.
2.       Melt butter and baking sqaures in a microwave safe bowl. In the mixing bowl, cream melted butter and chocolate mixture. Add in sugar and vanilla and beat until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add in eggs, beating one at a time. Add flour and stir just until combined. Stir in Bailey’s.
3.       Pour into greased 9 x 13 baking dish (I used a 10 x 10 square cake pan).  Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until just barely done.
4.       For the frosting: In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter until it is light and fluffy. Add the sugar 1/2 cup at a time. Add the Bailey's one tablespoon at a time. Beat until smooth and creamy. 
5.       Wait until the brownies are fully cooled and frost. These are the kind of brownies that have a hard top and a fudgy middle so don’t worry if the top of your brownies are pretty hard.






I want to drink the Bailey's from the bottle and eat the frosting with a shovel. Not appropriate?

See what I mean about the hard exterior and the fudgy center?

This is basically like three shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment