And my gift to you on this lovely Irish day is these Boozy Bailey's Brownies!
|how festive and delicious is that?!?!|
I made these with my friend Michelle. We had a pre-St. Patrick's Day bake and beverage get-together a couple weekends ago.
|going back to my bartending days|
|white russians --> green irishmen?|
|Happy Pre-Patty's Day!|
The brownies have a hard crusty exterior and a fudgy center. The frosting is light and creamy.
Chocolatey. Sugary. Boozy. Need I say more to convince you to make these?
Now I'm off to drink green beverages with my mom and friends all day! I'll also be wearing a tiara and a shirt that says "Kiss me, I'm drunk". God, I love being young and Irish on March 17th!
Boozy Bailey’s Brownies (adapted from How Sweet It Is)
For the brownies
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2-3 squares baking chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
For the buttercream
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 6 tablespoons Bailey’s Irish cream
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Melt butter and baking sqaures in a microwave safe bowl. In the mixing bowl, cream melted butter and chocolate mixture. Add in sugar and vanilla and beat until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add in eggs, beating one at a time. Add flour and stir just until combined. Stir in Bailey’s.
3. Pour into greased 9 x 13 baking dish (I used a 10 x 10 square cake pan). Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until just barely done.
4. For the frosting: In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter until it is light and fluffy. Add the sugar 1/2 cup at a time. Add the Bailey's one tablespoon at a time. Beat until smooth and creamy.
5. Wait until the brownies are fully cooled and frost. These are the kind of brownies that have a hard top and a fudgy middle so don’t worry if the top of your brownies are pretty hard.
|I want to drink the Bailey's from the bottle and eat the frosting with a shovel. Not appropriate?|
|See what I mean about the hard exterior and the fudgy center?|
|This is basically like three shots.|