Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Dip

I know this isn't a typical man-pleasing football appetizer.  But I'm by myself this Sunday so I figured I'd make a light girly appetizer.  Girls like football too and sometimes (but only sometimes, I swear) I crave food other than meat and cheese.  And considering it's starting to feel like fall, I am craving anything with apples and pumpkin.

I found a pumpkin pie dip.  Into which you dip apples.  Pumpkin and apple goodness in every single bite?!?! This was a no brainer.

Also, I put the entire dip together as my coffee was brewing.  This recipe has it all... great fall flavors, quick and easy, inexpensive, low fat, and it even freezes well! I only ate it with apples but I'm positive it would be great on other fruit and graham crackers.  This is a very liquidy dip.  I don't mind because I can just dip the apples into it rather than using the apples as if it were a mini shovel to pile the pumpkin concoction into my mouth.  If you wanted a thicker dip, you could add another container of coolwhip, but the pumpkin flavor would be more subtle.  Enjoy this as an alternative to the caramel apple dip that you can buy from the grocery store!

Pumpkin Pie Dip (12 servings – 103 cals) from skinnytaste
  • 15 oz can pumpkin
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar (I used a brown sugar Splenda blend)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/8 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or more to taste)
  • 6 oz fat free Greek yogurt (I used Chiobani)
  • 8 oz fat free cool whip
  • cut up apples to dip

1.  Mix pumpkin with brown sugar, vanilla and spices, blend well. 
2.  Mix in yogurt.  
3. Fold in cool whip and chill in refrigerator until ready to eat.
4.  Serve with apples or graham crackers or anything else you'd like!







And this was my lunch today.  That might be pumpkin coffee with half of an apple spice muffin.  And I had leftover pumpkin ravioli for dinner. I am prepared to say that I have an obsession but in no way is that a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment