Here's how you can use leftover steak in order to create a hearty and delicious salad. Thinly sliced steak, grilled veggies, blue cheese, and balsamic vinaigrette. YUM. Enjoy :)
Black and Blue Steak Salad with Asparagus and Red Peppers (4 servings)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 4 portabella mushroom caps
- 1 zucchini sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 pound leftover steak such as rib eye, flank, etc., room temperature
- 1 (6 ounce) bag mixed greens
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- Brush the grill with the olive oil and heat it up to medium.
- Add the red pepper, onion, asparagus, zucchini, and mushrooms and grill until tender, about 5-8 minutes and set aside.
- Slice leftover steak thinly.
- Top greens with steak and grilled vegetables.
- Serve salad topped blue cheese and balsamic vinaigrette.