Friday, September 16, 2011

Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich

This isn't a recipe, just something you should do.  Like right now.

I love peanut butter. It's kind of a problem. I could sit down and eat a whole container with a spoon in one sitting. If I'm really starving while I'm cooking lunch or dinner, I'll eat a couple spoonfuls to tide myself over. I would venture to say that it's my snack of choice. 

Do you like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches? Do you like grilled sandwiches, like paninis or grilled cheese?  Yes?  Then you'll love this.

It's a grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Make your sandwich with your favorite peanut butter and jelly (I threw a little fluff in there because I had it laying around), butter the other sides of the bread, and then put it in a skillet on the stove on medium high for about 5 minutes on each side or until the bread is golden brown.  Delicious.

I plan on making a bunch of different combinations. One with sliced bananas. Raisins. Honey. Nutella. Chocolate chips. THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS.  Put your own personal twist on this grilled version of a childhood favorite.





No comments:

Post a Comment