Friday, August 26, 2011

Oh hello there!

Hi!  As it says in the info, my name is Kelsy and I'm a graduate student who loves food.  Therefore, I'm on a mission to teach myself to cook, stay on a budget, and build my recipe repertoire.  We'll see how it goes.

As for the name of the blog... I'm not very creative so my sister came up with it.  She's not very creative either.  But it works because all three adjectives are very true.

Broke - I am a fulltime student. I have no money.  And at this point I have no form of income.  That's right.  None.  So when I post pictures, please excuse how terrible they will look.  First of all, my camera barely works because I dropped it in the sand on my vacation to the Dominican Republic. Secondly, I have a severe lack of kitchen utensils.  By that I mean I don't have real plates so right now I have some left over plastic plates that I found in my mom's garage. Also, I only have a frying pan right now.  Yep, that's it.  So hopefully my housemates and I will acquire more equipment soon and I'll buy things when I happen upon some spare cash.

Bored - I have no real hobbies.  I study because I want to get a job some day.  I work out to counteract how much I love food.  I do like reading but after reading textbooks all day, more reading just doesn't sound like that much fun.  Now that I'm transitioning into the real world, I figured I'd need to pick up some hobbies to keep myself busy considering I used to live in a sorority house with 22 other girls and now I live in an apartment by myself in a town where I don't know anyone (I know, I know, cry me a river).  So I decided that I would teach myself to cook because I am not the type of person that could be okay with eating Ramen noodles 5 days a week and (as previously explained) I'm WAY too poor to buy takeout.

Hungry -  I have a problem.  I have the appetite of a linebacker. I can eat more in one sitting than most people I know. And even after binge eating, I will inevitably be hungry again within an hour or two.  So if I'm going to be feeding my face all the time, I might as well make it a little interesting and a lot tasty :)

Well, that's all for now.  Tomorrow will be my first post with food in it.  Right now I need to go back to watching the Packers beat the Colts in preseason football! 

No comments:

Post a Comment